09 Oct NONPROFITS: 10 REASONS WHY TO JOIN THE GIVE MIAMI DAY MOVEMENT
Over the past seven years, Give Miami Day has become one of the largest online giving days in the nation. It’s a day that celebrates all Greater Miami nonprofits. In 2018 alone, the 750 nonprofits who participated raised $11.5 million from 21,000 donors around the world. With a revamped platform and new features like Champion Pages, we’re looking forward to another record-breaking Give Miami Day. Already, more than 400 organizations have registered to participate this year. If your nonprofit is still on the fence, here are 10 reasons to sign up:
1. It’s easy … and free. We’ve partnered with CiviCore, a leading giving day online platform provider, to streamline nonprofit registration. Your organization will spend less time registering and more time planning your fundraising campaign. Plus, there’s no fee to join.
2. Raise unrestricted funds. Dollars raised on Give Miami Day are considered unrestricted funds that nonprofits may use for specific programming or general operating support.
3. Recruit new donors. Every organization has its own profile on GiveMiamiDay.org, which is easily searchable by issue area category and/or keywords within your profile. This opens up the opportunity for donors that may be interested in your cause, but aren’t yet familiar with your organization to learn more … and potentially donate to you!
4. Tap into the Give Miami Day Bonus Pool. All participating nonprofits will receive an extra percentage of funds through our Bonus Pool.
5. Win prizes. Throughout the day, you’ll have the opportunity to win prizes and get match-minute dollars. We’ll share a list of prizes and match minutes closer to the day so you can rally support from your biggest champions.
6. Build your online community. You can use the excitement of the day to increase your organization’s visibility online. The #GiveMiamiDay hashtag goes viral on Twitter every year.
7. Learn online fundraising and marketing skills. Access a free Nonprofit Toolkit, webinars and resources to set you up for success. Plus learn from peers in our Nonprofit Learning Exchange Facebook Group.
8. Jump-start your next fundraising campaign. It’s a low-cost way to drum up support for year-end giving.
9. Benefit from matching dollars. Ask your major donors to position their gifts as matching funds and create an incentive for other donors. The matching funds will show up on your profile and update in real time on Give Miami Day as donations come in.
10. Join a growing movement. Give Miami Day grows every year. Join the effort to promote a year-round culture of giving in Greater Miami!
What are you waiting for? Go to GiveMiamiDay.org to submit an application by the October 21st nonprofit registration deadline. If you have any other questions, the Give Miami Day planning team is here to help. Feel free to reach out to me directly at CClark@MiamiFoundation.org. We’re happy and excited to help make your campaign a success!
Chelsea Clark is programs and grants administration associate at The Miami Foundation.
You may also like:
The Miami Foundation’s Give Miami Day 2018 rasies $11.5 million, surpassing expectations
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.