07 Oct NONPROFITS: WHY JOIN THE GIVE MIAMI DAY MOVEMENT?
Our Miami-Dade nonprofits have stepped up in an unprecedented way this year. While simultaneously bearing the effects of this year’s pandemic and economic downturn, many of our nonprofit partners have been on the frontlines in helping our region’s most vulnerable weather this crisis and work towards recovery. Thank you for pouring into our community.
For these reasons, this year’s Give Miami Day will be the most important yet.
Over the last eight years, more than $61 million has been raised for our community through Give Miami Day, with a record-breaking 833 local nonprofits participating in 2019. Our community is stronger because of it, and we hope you’ll join us this year!
Why join the movement?
- It’s easy to sign up and free. Our GiveMiamiDay.org web portal makes it easier than ever before for nonprofits to sign up to participate, and it’s free to join. The Miami Foundation invests in Give Miami Day each year to ensure that it remains a free fundraising event for all!
- Raise unrestricted funds. All dollars raised on Give Miami Day are unrestricted, meaning that nonprofits may use them for specific programming or general operating support. This year (of all years!), we know how crucial general operating support is.
- Increase online visibility. In our increasingly virtual world, Give Miami Day is a great way to help strengthen your organization’s ability to engage with new donors online. With tens of thousands of donors coming to the platform on Give Miami Day, your nonprofit profile makes you discoverable for new donors looking to support your cause.
- Increase brand security. Because all nonprofits must register with the state of Florida and receive their Certificate of Solicitation in order to participate, this makes the event all the more secure for donors – giving them peace of mind that if your organization is part of Give Miami Day, you are in compliance with state financial regulations.
- Learn new marketing and fundraising skills. Join our nonprofit training webinars to help develop tools that your nonprofit can use when building an effective Give Miami Day campaign, as well as for your year-round fundraising strategy.
- Recruit volunteers. New this year, nonprofits can choose to display volunteering opportunities available to the public on their profile! This will give your organization a direct connection to members of our community that are willing to give their time in support of your work.
- Early Giving. This year for the first time, the web portal will be open for an extended Early Giving period! Donations can be made to participating organizations any time beginning Monday, November 16 at 12:00 a.m. through Give Miami Day on Thursday, November 19.
- Tap into the Give Miami Day Bonus Pool. All participating nonprofits will receive an extra percentage gift on top of what is raised from donors through our Bonus Pool.
- Win prizes and matches. Throughout the 24 hours of the event, nonprofits will have opportunities to win prizes and matching dollars. We’ll share a list of prizes and matching opportunities closer to the day so that you can rally your supporters to help you win additional funds!
- Join a growing movement. Give Miami Day continues to grow each year in the total dollars raised, number of donors engaged and number of participating nonprofits. Join the effort to promote a culture of giving within Greater Miami while you receive vital support for your organization!
Go to GiveMiamiDay.org to submit an application by the October 15th nonprofit registration deadline.
Chelsea Clark is the Programs Associate at The Miami Foundation.
Pictured: Feeding South Florida, a 2020 Give Miami Day nonprofit